Friday, March 18, 2011

Oh happy day!

So I know I haven't blogged in a month or so, but really where does the time go?!  I read everyone elses' blogs but don't have time to actually sit and write my own posts.  Well here is one for you...

So I have been feeling a little stressed lately and the end of the year always brings more stress than normal.  So when the eye twitch reappeared this year (it's been gone for awhile) I knew I was in for some trouble.  The eye twitch usually occurs because of my double block Algebra class.  I know you are thinking two hours of math, oh my! But most of these kids are behind in grade level math so they really  need these two hours.  Plus many of them actually make significant growth in this class and actually are able to learn the Algebra! Exciting I know! :)  So when the twitch appeared early this week I knew it was going to be a long two months of school. 

When one of the counselors approached me and asked if another kid could join the class, I politely asked if I could trade out a couple of them.  She agreed and guess what...the eye twitch has disappeared for now! I couldn't believe it!  I was actually able to teach and get my lesson done and there were minimal distractions.  This is so exciting because I was able to play a game as well (Card Go Round) and they were quiet and focused as well! :)  I'm hoping the good behavior continues for the remainder of the year.  So far so good! I'm so excited the twitch has decided to subside for now.  Let's see what the next couple of weeks bring with CST testing right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment